Thursday, October 2, 2014

Maine Lobster Roll #1: Eventide Oyster Co. (Portland, ME)

A lobster roll tour of Maine is never ending. There are so many famous spots to hit up. I've made two trips to Maine and I've only hit a few of them!

My first stop in Maine was Eventide Oyster Co. in Portland, Maine. The lobster roll at Eventide is non-traditional. You can choose between Hollandaise, housemade mayo, or brown butter, but the bun they use is similar to a Chinese bao.
Untitled
The lobster was fresh and the house mayo excellent, to be sure, what I didn't quite dig the soft Chinese-bun like roll with the lobster meat. I preferred the contrast of a toasted bun with my lobster.


Their soft Chinese buns worked much better with their fried oysters, though (again, texture contrast). Topped with pickled radish and onion and jalapenos, the crispy oysters are complemented well by the pillowy baos.
Untitled
While Eventide's lobster roll isn't really my go-to, it's a great spot to visit. It's a happening spot for the younger crowd in Portland. Eventide carries a slew of fresh, local oysters and their other items including the oyster roll is certainly worth trying.

Untitled Eventide Oyster Co.
86 Middle St
Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-8538
http://www.eventideoysterco.com/
Eventide Oyster Co. on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Gourmet Pigs   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP